Menu Close

Living Trust, Wills, Estate Planning & Probate

Highly Experienced | Locally Owned | Home Visits Available

Share Your Dreams With the Ones You Love!

Estate planning is not just for the wealthy. Whether your estate is large or small, all of us want to ensure, in the event of our deaths, that our property is left to the ones we love, without undue difficulty, cost, or delay. And if you have young children, you may also wish to appoint a guardian for that child or to establish a trust for that child's benefit until he or she reaches adulthood.

family image

In short, this is the role of estate planning. It is a way of leaving instructions, usually by means of a will of living trust, for how you would like your property to be distributed in the event of your death.

With more than 30 years of experience, we at the Law Offices of Zitomer & Roberts, P.C. take pride in providing each and every one of our clients with personalized service and attention to detail, with the goal of establishing an on-going relationship.

Frequently Asked Questions

What Is the Difference Between a Will and a Living Will?
In many ways, a will and a living trust serve the same purpose, i.e. to provide a set of instructions as to how you would like your property to be distributed to your loved ones in the event of your death. However, a living trust has the advantage of avoiding probate, which a somewhat time-consuming and expensive court proceeding.

Should I Consider a Living Trust, Even If I Already Have a Will?
In most instances, it is recommended that you switch to a living trust, even if you already have a will, in order to avoid probate.

Can a Will or Living Trust Reduce or Eliminate Inheritance or Estate Taxes?
Yes. If your estate is large enough to be subject to gift, estate, or inheritance taxes, a will or living trust, combined with other estate planning, can substantially reduce or in some cases eliminate such taxes altogether.

What If My Children Are Still Minors?
If your children are too young to manage their own finances, you can designate a guardian for your children and can also designate a responsible adult to manage your children's finances until they reach adulthood.

What Are My Medical Care Options?
As part of our services, we will prepare for you a power of attorney for health care or health care directive, which will allow you to designate a person of your choice to make medical decisions for you if, due to injury or illness, you are not able to make those decisions for yourself.

How Much Time Is Required on My Part?
Usually, just two appointments are required. At the first appointment, we meet and discuss your goals, concerns, and objectives. Then a draft of the documents is usually mailed to you for your review, after which there is a second appointment for those documents to be signed.

How Do I Get Started?
To get started, just give us a call at 916-985-2753.

living trust and estate planning

Call 916-985-2753 for an Appointment